Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Plagues!!

There will definitely NOT be pictures in this post!  Sunday night Steve was not feeling well so he went to bed quite early.  Turns out he was violently ill all night.  I'll spare all the gory details!  I stayed up for a while after the kids went to bed and all of a sudden I felt the same as him.....not good!  I decided to spend the night on the couch so that we wouldn't keep each other up, but more importantly, so we didn't have to compete for the bathroom.... ugh!

Was it something we ate???  Nope.

Turns out, thanks to Facebook, it was a raging flu bug sweeping through our town, and eventually even farther away too!  Mom got it.  Dan, Andrea and the both the twins got it too!  Steve was feeling better much better by Monday evening but I was still pretty wiped.  That's when it hit Maren!  Ugh!  We prayed that it would stop there and not take out all the kids and luckily, our prayers were answered! By Tuesday Maren and I were both feeling much better and mostly back to normal.  I'm still a little tired though.

The other kids were off with friends on Monday and Tuesday, having so much fun enjoying their Easter break from school.  Then... last night.... Evy says.... Dad, I have all these itchy bumps!

I called the Health Link line, spoke to a nurse and she suggested we take her to a dr.  So, off to Raymond Steve and Evy went.  You guessed it!!  Chicken Pox!!  aaaaah! Then I had to call all of Evy's friends and be the bearer of bad news.  Hopefully it stops here and we don't pass it through our family or all over town. We have no idea where or how she got them, and she was vaccinated for them when she was 2.  I'm just hoping the rest of the town was vaccinated as well.  She has a very mild case of them, but is still feeling pretty itchy and yucky!

Hopefully, we will all be better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment