Monday, September 27, 2010

Okay, Okay!!

Well, I have been getting  a bit of ribbing around here because I haven't been updating the blog enough.  Sorry, but there is a lot going on around here lately!!  haha!  Actually I read an article on blogging and it said that you should blog everyday.  Even if it is just a quick note or thought.  I am guilty....I do not blog every day.  I thought I have been doing better than my last attempt at a blog - 1 post every year!  =)


So, without further adieu, remember that bathroom?  Well we took it to the extreme.  We ended up gutting the hallway bathroom as well.  The tub in there has leaked for years and everything was starting to look and smell a little funky.  We replaced most of the plywood flooring and then put the toilet back in and installed a new tub (Thanks Kyle!).  And this is how it still sits today.  Awaiting the rest of it's facelift!


Here is Drew, replacing the floor.  We also had to take out the wall between the two bathrooms, then install the new tub and then put the wall back up.  What a job!




Here the wall is back up...and you can see the toilet in the boys bedroom.




The new Tub!  It's beautiful...and it doesn't leak!





Here is my nephew, Kyle, doing the rough in work for the 1/2 bath toilet and sink. 



The toilet finally get's moved back to his home.  We'll only have to move him out once more to do the tile. 




The view from the boys room. A new wall framed in for a proper door - no more slider!  yahoo!!!




This is a piece of our high quality tub that was removed. (note the sarcasm in my voice)  Can you believe that it was only corrugated cardboard with the tub coating sprayed on the front and fiberglass sprayed on the back?  The layers weren't even that thick.  No wonder it was cracked and leaking!   Bye Bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment